The Domestic Violence Guide list
Characteristics of domestic violence:
- Constantly criticize you and your abilities as a spouse or partner, parent or employee?
- Behave in an over-protective manner or become extremely jealous?
- Threaten to hurt you, your children, pets, family members, friends or himself?
- Prevent you from seeing family or friends?
- Get suddenly angry or "lose his temper"?
- Destroy personal property or throw things around?
- Deny you access to family assets like bank accounts, credit cards, or the car, or control all finances and force you to account for what you spend?
- Use intimidation or manipulation to control you or your children? hit, punch, slap, kick, shove, choke or bite you?
- Prevent you from going where you want to, when you want to, and with whomever you want to?
- Make you have sex when you don't want to or do things sexually that you don't want to do?
- Humiliate or embarrass you in front of other people?
Edward qualifies for 7 out of 11